Thursday, September 05, 2013

New York City Trip

 We flew from Detroit to New York City early Friday morning before May long weekend. My Mom treated my sisters and I to a Mother & Daughter weekend. There were 22 women in total. We had a great time. It was my first time there and my first time away from the kids for more than 1 night. I took many pics, but only posted a few. It only took me the first afternoon to find my bearings. Everything is a grid pattern, so figuring out the number of city blocks was easy. We stayed at a smaller hotel called "The Hotel at Times Square" on 46th st, between 5th & 6th. It was only a block and half from Times Square.
 This was our first night. Some of us went to the top of Rockefeller Centre. It was a nice evening, and very peaceful overlooking the big city. On our way out we ran into an SNL actor, Bill Hader.

 Me and Lady Liberty.
 My sister, Corey & I
It was great sharing a hotel with my mom and sisters. We had some laughs and relaxed with some wine in our room, and we had lots of girl talk. One night we got tickets to see the play Annie. The theatre was beautiful. Jane Lynch from Glee, and the movie, 40 year old virgin played Miss Hannigan. All the children were very talented with dancing, gymnastics and singing . Some of the ladies saw Cinderella. They enjoyed that a lot too.
 Leaving John's Pizzeria, Mom and my sisters
New York Public Library.

I don't have any pics of Central Park, it was too rainy when we booked our bike tour. We were a bit disappointed, but another reason to make a return visit sometime.

No comments: