Saturday, January 08, 2011

Bedtime friends

Anthony's "Smedley" the elephant and Ava's "Ellie". Can you tell which is 3 years older?

I think every child should have a comfort object for sleeping. Ed bought Anthony his the day he was born and he still just adores him. He usually only has him for bedtime (and when he used to nap). The nights we decide to laundry him, we tell him that Smedley needs a bath and you can cuddle with another sleeping friend. Normally he choses Louie the lobster.

At bedtime, after I tuck him in and give him a kiss and hug, he sometimes wants me to give Smedley a kiss and he'll put his trunk in my face. Once Ava was born Aunt Cynthia gave her one with pink feet.


There's something so sweet about watching a baby sleep. I think it's so cute how Ava sleeps on her side. She has since around 4 months old. Her's little Ava cuddling with her Ellie.

No comments: