Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Day

Ava's 1st Christmas. Her Aunt Cynthia gave her this dress for her gift. It was so pretty..only her silver shoes kept falling off. We had a great day. Ava enjoyed getting held by all her family on the Greene side.



Quick snap for all of us to be in the picture. Ed had to chase Anthony around first and hold him down. I'm happy he's making a nice face here (unlike most of the pics I took). He didn't want me to put his tie on at first, but then all his girl cousins told him he looked so handsome and I think he liked the attention.


He was excited to open his big gift from Cynthia and the girls. It's an art easel, with a wipeboard, chalkboard, and magnetic letters and numbers.



Anthony hugging his cousin Morgan when she was leaving after dinner. He was having so much fun playing with his big cousins and all the excitement of the day.




Aunt Carrie cuddling with Ava. I was so lucky that little Ava ate before us (sweet potatoes and carrots) and nursed a bit then fell asleep for 45 mins, just in time for us to sit down and enjoy our dinner.

So far Anthony's favourite gift is his hot wheels race track. Ava loves the laugh and learn kitchen set from Grandma and Grandpa S. Ed got an Ipod touch (with some Christmas money). We also are enjoying our new Nikon Coolpix camera from my parents last week when we visited. It does a lot, so I'm still learning about it.




Cousins Danielle and Ryan holding baby Ava.





Ava is interested in the tree.



Christmas morning Ava received Mickey and Minnie mouse in her stocking. She also got a mesh food holder and a snack cup.


Bright and early Christmas morning (or I should say dark and early---6:15am to be exact). Anthony woke up (I think he heard Ava). Normally he would go back to sleep for another half-hour or so, but he said "Mommy but it's Christmas". I had to give him a big hug and low and behold we all got up. Then Ed and I took turns having a nap. We had a great day. On our way home from Cynthia's; an older lady in our building saw that we looked tired and she said "These are the best days of your lives." I believe her.











1 comment:

ButterflyEffect said...

Glad to hear you had a happy Christmas. Ava looks adorable and she is so big already!!