Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Is Anthony ready for a Triathlon?


Since last fall, our niece Lauren taught Anthony swimming lessons once a week. It was handy for her to come to our building and take him for a half-hour each week. We really noticed a difference in his confidence since last summer. He now jumps in on his own, with water wings. The best thing is that he is enjoying it!! With the heat wave we have now, we have been in the pool almost every day.


First kiddie trot race for my lil man! We headed downtown Friday evening, after a friend told us her little girl was going in it. Anthony's in the red shirt and he loves to run! But with all the people I wasn't sure if he'd go on his own. His friend is only 3, and she did it, but wanted her mom beside her.
He made it! It was funny, I told him to stop at the big blue thing, and wait for mommy and Ava to get him. He literally stopped right on the finish line. He had fun and told his dad all about it, once we got home. He got a #1 ribbon, and a free kid's meal from Kelsey's.


Trying out his new bike. He's doing pretty good. He asks to go on it, so that is a good thing. Before he just wanted to sit on it. My Dad gave me a picture of myself on my bike around the same age. When I showed Anthony, the first thing he said was "mommy, you aren't wearing a helmet". Haha. He will grow up knowing helmets are normal.

1 comment:

Candace Novakowski said...

That is sooo great!!!!!!!!!