Sunday, April 10, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Ava!

Our baby girl turned ONE year old on Friday! The first birthday is always extra special to me. There's so much change from the beginning of your life as a newborn to an almost walking 1 year old. Ed and I like to invite the whole family over for the celebration. Saturday around lunch time our place, which is 1300 sq feet was getting comfortably crowded - (thank God we like eachother) with 10 adults, 3 teenagers, 1 preschooler and 2 babies.
Unfortunately, my sister and her husband couldn't make it, because my niece was sick in the night. My parents couldn't either. They just left on vacation with two other couples to Florida. I'm sure we'll have another little celebration on my side of the family when they get back. My cousin Stacey came with her little guy Brody (18 mths), which was a nice playdate for my birthday girl. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. I made a fruit and veggie tray and we ordered pizza. I decided to make cupcakes instead of cake. I know other years there is always so much cake leftover. Anthony finished off the last cupcake today! I'll post some pictures soon!

1 comment:

ButterflyEffect said...

Happy Birthday Ava!!!